IT Lifecycle Management
The objective of IT lifecycle management systems is the systematic improvement of the operational and financial performance of the entire IT infrastructure including all related processes. To have the right data available at the right time and at the right place where they are needed – ideally standardized and at most optimized costs and at the best governance of all risks.
In general, the more important the data are for a company and its processes, the higher the up-to-date daily availability shall be.
An integrated IT lifecycle management system comprehensively contributes to reach these objectives.
Modern software architectures may present all subjects such as asset, license and contracts management in a highly integrated way.
To succeed in a lifecycle management project it is very essential to adapt the individual processes of a company to ensure a “best practice” when the decision is made for an integrated software solution.
With their long-term experience the specialists of the WMC company assist you:
- “as-is” analysis of current processes
- Development of potentials for improvement
- Documentation of “to be” processes
- Voting and decision services
- Project management
- Responsibility for the software systems implementation
- Control of the software vendors
- Introduction and implementation of the LCM projects in the organization
The administration of IT assets with regard to all operational, financial and legal requirements is an essential and complex task for IT decision makers. An efficient IT asset management is no longer an option but an essential success factor.
The important advantages of an efficient IT asset management include:
- an up-to-date transparency with regard to the used inventory and the stock via the entire lifecycle (purchase, provisioning, maintenance, support until the disposal)
- the option to choose optimized configurations for new investments and consolidation measures
- exact information about the real IT infrastructure costs of the company
- an exact budget planning
- an improved adherence to legal requirements
- the avoidance of:
- – unnecessary investments or insufficient resources at the right location
- – delay charges coming from leasing contracts
- – expensive single purchases beyond available master contracts
- – excessive costs for maintenance and support
- – lacking adherence of software license contracts and legal requirements
- – insufficient TCO data for purchasing and planning
The experts of the WMC company have a thorough project experience with regard to the processes and solutions to implement asset management systems. We look forward to assisting you during the integration and implementation of all necessary tools. To do so we consider the individual requirements of your company, optimize the processes and ensure their integration into the entire environment.
Our consultants optimize the output of your software solution!
From the perspective of an increasing number of checks on the software license compliance done by organizations such as the Business Software Alliance (BSA) and die Federation Against Software Theft (FAST) the adherence and the administration of software licenses has become a strategic and complex task.
In addition, the software costs represent a considerable part of the IT infrastructure costs. Licenses do not only generate costs, they also represent values which are not comprehensively used due to a missing transparency. If a license management is strategically applied, it will help to continuously improve the efficiency of the software use.
The important targets and purpose of the software license managements include:
- to reduce the liability risks for illegal software use (personal liability of the management board)
- to lower the operational risks (illegal software use, outage of resources and processes)
- to efficiently use the available licenses
- to avoid any shelf ware (unused software)
- to optimize the used license models
- to adapt the maintenance contracts together with the availability management
- to apply an accounting for software costs
- to meet standards (ISO, IT basic protection)
Together with the creation of an optimized transparency the challenge during the implementation of a license management is the integration task with regard to existing processes and solutions.
A sole tool-oriented and out-of-the-box-thinking will drive you mad!
A license management is intrinsically tied to the ITIL service management processes. To cope with its task it makes use of the ITIL processes and their tools to support them. Unique isolated applications create redundancies and do not create acceptance.
Important integrations issues include a service level and financial management (IT contracting for software license and maintenance contracts, a service definition, an accounting of the software costs), a product and release management (validation of authorized software products, planning and release updates), a configuration management (provisioning of qualified utilization assets for the used software), an availability management (optimization of the software maintenance contracts) or a continuity management (management of operational risks caused by unauthorized use of software).
The associated processes often do not meet the requirements of the license management.
The contract management for software licenses, for instance, sets very individual requirements which the contract management does not ensure in the first instance.
The configuration management often provides utilization data with a limited quality which do not correspond with the license rules just like that.
The answer to these tasks within the process integration considerably contribute to improve the situation on both sides.
The experts of the WMC company have a thorough project experience with regard to the processes and solutions to implement a license management. We look forward to assisting you during the integration and implementation of all necessary tools and consider the individual requirements of the industrial sector and of your company.
Contracts of all kinds can play an important role in many departments of a company. Purchase, employment, services, corporate and license contracts are only a small sector of this contract diversity. In particular, the legal departments, the sales/marketing, procurement and human resources departments create and work on many contracts.
The essential prerequisites of an efficient contract management include transparent and consistent processes with clear roles and responsibilities.
A modern software support to manage contracts includes:
- a centralized datapool for all contracts including leasing and rental contracts, services and project contracts, contracts for mobile phones and fixed lines, telephone systems, hardware and product contracts, software contracts and maintenance, loaned products, non-IT contracts
- flexible and standardized analyses
- simplified planning processes with a transparent contract reference
- interfaces to “company guidance systems” are available by default
- coherences and synergy potentials are visible
Contract management is “teamwork”
The experts of the WMC company have a thorough project experience with regard to the processes and solutions to implement a contract management. Our senior consultants look forward to assisting you during the integration and implementation of all necessary tools. Our long-term experience gained in this industry, in the implementation of industry-related or company-related requirements are very beneficial for our customers. We offer an “as-is” analysis, “to-be” concepts, provide consulting to prepare the software selection and much more…