Document Management System (DMS)
Document management and document control play an important role in information security management. A certification according to ISO 27001 is also only possible if a relevant procedure has been established.
Considering the multitude and diversity of documents associated with the ISMS, many factors must be taken into account when setting up a document management system (DMS). Basically, it should be ensured that the entire document life cycle can be captured, managed, stored, preserved and output. Documents are of an internal and external nature and can exist in a variety of forms (paper, text files, tables, as video or audio files).
Furthermore, a methodical approach is important when implementing a document management system to ensure that the responsibilities and processes involved in handling the documents are identified and clearly defined (e.g. for approval, distribution, archiving, updating, versioning, historization).
The GRC / ISMS software QSEC enables the transparent document management of all documents associated with the ISMS according to the listed criteria. In addition, the user can access or store the associated documents in QSEC at any point in the information security management process.
All responsibilities are traceable and every change to a document is recorded and historicized in an audit-proof manner.
Contract management for data protection can also be depicted via the QSEC document management.
As a result, the QSEC document management system offers a variety of advantages, such as
- the storage of all documents in a central database
- fast access to the information and data you need
- the possibility of working from any location through electronic access to all required documents
- simplified cooperation and interdisciplinary work across departments
- compliance with laws and regulations
- the reduction of costs through process optimization
- the creation of more transparency
- improve compliance through audit-proof storage and management of documents
If you already have an existing document management system in your company and want to connect it with QSEC, this is possible in a similar way.
We would be glad to show you in a non-binding web demo how QSEC document management supports the information security and data protection process in the best possible way.