Quality Management – ISO 9001
Quality management according to ISO 9001 stands for sustainable quality in products and processes through a methodical and systematic approach in with the aim of identifying and fulfilling customer requirements. Structural and process organization are of essential importance in this context. ISO 9001 works according to the PDCA (Plan-Do-Check-Act) cycle.
The main principles of ISO 9001 are
- The permanent improvement and error minimization
- The avoidance of waste
- The determination and controlling of quality-related costs
- The fulfilment of requirements regarding product responsibility and product safety
- Product and process development
- The cooperation of the different disciplines in the production process
The quality management standard ISO 9001, like many other management systems, is subject to the high-level structure of the ISO standards, which consists of ten sections and allows the quality management system to be operated in combination with other management systems in an integrated management system.
Quality management according to ISO 9001 in QSEC
QSEC supports you comprehensively as a QM system according to your company-specific requirements. Based on GRC, ISMS and data protection, the integrated management system QSEC is able to map and combine ISO 9001 and a multitude of norms and standards in a single management solution, in an efficient, sustainable and cost-effective manner.
- Early identification of errors and weaknesses
- Avoidance of work redundancy
- Clear responsibilities and improved cooperation
- Continuous improvement of all company processes
- Decreasing costs and reduction of complaints
- Image benefits