Reasons for introducing ISMS solution according to ISO 27001 or BSI standard (IT-Grundschutz)
Sustainable and efficient information security management – how to convince your management!
Reasons for information security management with ISMS solution using QSEC®.
One of the most important success factors related to the the introduction and implementation of ISMS is the support of top management!
From the very beginning, the management must be convinced by the benefits of introducing an ISMS according to ISO 27001 and/or BSI standard (IT-Grundschutz) and willing to provide resources and budget for the development and operation of an information security management system.
Definition and goals of ISMS and GRC
6 reasons that should convince management:
Reason 1. verifiability of compliance
- With the usage of an ISMS software such as QSEC, all requirements for compliance with national and international security standards are fulfilled, documented and archived in an audit-proof manner.
- The requirements for an ISMS (e.g. according to ISO 27001 or BSI standard (IT-Grundschutz)) as well as the data protection requirements according to the EU-GDPR are in QSEC completely implemented.
- The compliance requirements and working according to other internationally recognized standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 20000, ISO 22301, ISO 27001/2, ISO 27005, PCI DSS, TISAX, BAIT, VAIT, SOX, Basel II, OHSAS 18001 is possible at any time.
- Company standards and guidelines can be easily integrated in the system.
- All associated documents are conveniently managed in the integrated document management system.
Reason 2. Synergies through the combination of information security and data protection / reporting
- With QSEC you establish the same methodical approach to data protection and ISMS company-wide and use the synergies from this integrated approach. This enables an accurate reporting to the management at any time on the basis of valid and aggregated data. This cannot be implemented in a comparable way with Excel and Word.
- The management can evaluate the ISMS and data protection activities, including the maturity level, via reporting at management level and develop together with the ISB managers to achieve the desired maturity level improvements.
- Integrated Data Protection Information Security Management (DIMS) provides a complete history of all data protection and security management activities.
Reason 3. Sustainable information security management increases the efficiency of security management while simultaneously optimizing resources and investments
- With QSEC, you methodically identify the really critical processes in relation with the affected assets. This knowledge enables you to control your investments in IT measures in such a way, that you invest where it is necessary and critical. A non-differentiated “over all” protection of the entire IT on the same level is extremely expensive.
- QSEC’s measure management, for example, identifies the same measures in different areas of the company and can be consolidated. This results in a reduction of duplication and redundancies.
- Through the permanent operation of an ISMS tool like QSEC, the resources and costs for internal and external audits are significantly reduced, because permanently updated data and evaluations are available in real-time.
- Working with QSEC is much easier and more resource-saving than with standard tools. The process-oriented wizard functions provide an uniform procedure and implementation method for the collection of data and enable experts to carry out interviews with the specialist departments, for example. This reduces an enormous amount of resources and time while ensuring user acceptance.
Reason 4. Comprehensive Best Practice Content in “All-in-One
- QSEC provides extensive support for working, in accordance with the requirements of the norms and standards, with questionnaires, proposed measures, “best practices”, sample documents, risk catalogues and sample business processes and assets by industry.
- Individual requirements with their own content or industry-specific standards can be easily integrated
Reason 5. Image improvement and competitive advantage
- Reduction of liability through demonstrably sustainable procedures and proof of compliance
- Securing the company values through continuous evaluation and improvement of information security
- Risk reduction by creating transparency and implementing appropriate measures against threats
- Image improvement and trust of customers and clients through proof of responsible action
- Cost optimization through savings in resources and investments while optimizing the degree of maturity
Reason 6. Information Security Management with QSEC defines and establishes a uniform comprehension of processes.
- The full scope of an organization can be represented. The ISMS software QSEC connects all systems and different departments in an organization and functions as a central platform where all business processes are recorded.
The reasons mentioned are so important that they should support every information security officer in convincing the company management of the sense of introducing ISMS solution. Sustainable information security can no longer be implemented in larger organizational structures with standard tools such as Excel, Word and PowerPoint in a resource-saving and cost-efficient manner.
QSEC is a multi-standard integrated management system for the implementation and operation of a GRC, data protection and information security management system. The ISMS solution QSEC enables to monitor and control all relevant information and processes in the sense of a Plan-Do-Check-Act cycle.